TRACK GRADE: Unmarked Route
WALKING TIME: 2 hours to treeline
FEATURES: Access to Rome Ridge of Mt Rolleston
ROUTE GUIDE: Mountaineering Route
LOCATION:The track starts 1km from the Village towards the West Coast
DESCRIPTION: This steep track is not suitable for inexperienced walkers. Towards the upper edge there are precipitous drops on either side of the track.
The track finishes at the forest edge, and from here the route becomes a very serious and dangerous climb.
Previous climbing experience and mountaineering equipment is essential, beyond the tree-line.
Return EXACTLY the same route.
So you have an enjoyable and safe time for your visit to Arthur's Pass National Park, follow the Land Safety Code:
- Choose the right trip
- Learn about the route and make sure you have the skills for it.
- Understand the weather
- It can change fast. Check the forecast and change your plans if needed.
- Pack warm clothes and extra food
- Prepare for bad weather and an unexpected night out.
- Share your plans and take ways to get help
- Telling a trusted person your trip details and taking a distress beacon can save your life.
- Take care of yourself and each other
- Eat, drink and rest, stick with your group and make decisions together.
For more information, visit www.adventuresmart.nz/land/activities/ or use the Plan My Walk system planmywalk.nz/home