Casey / Binser Saddle Tramp
TIME : 2-3 days Andrew's Shelter- Casey Hut 4-6 hrs, Casey Hut- Binser Saddle - Andrew's Shelter 6-7hrs
FEATURES : Beech forest, tussock flats, beech fringed streams, Lake Minchin is a day trip from Casey Hut.
MAP : NZTopo50: Cass BV21 (NZMS260: Dampier L33)
ROUTE GUIDES : Sorry not available!
HOW HARD IS IT?
The tracks are well formed and, on the whole, the terrain is gentle. The distance to cover is rather long though for people unused to walking. Because there are no large rivers to cross this is a good tramp to do in bad weather. Your overnight stay is in the new 12 bunk Casey Hut (Serviced).
HOW DO I GET THERE?
This is the only round track in Arthur's Pass. It starts and finishes 38km east of Arthur's Pass Village.
So you have an enjoyable and safe time for your visit to Arthur's Pass National Park, follow the Land Safety Code:
- Choose the right trip
- Learn about the route and make sure you have the skills for it.
- Understand the weather
- It can change fast. Check the forecast and change your plans if needed.
- Pack warm clothes and extra food
- Prepare for bad weather and an unexpected night out.
- Share your plans and take ways to get help
- Telling a trusted person your trip details and taking a distress beacon can save your life.
- Take care of yourself and each other
- Eat, drink and rest, stick with your group and make decisions together.
For more information, visit www.adventuresmart.nz/land/activities/ or use the Plan My Walk system planmywalk.nz/home