Welcome to Arthur's Pass, New Zealand|
Our small alpine village is nestled amongst the Southern Alps in New Zealand's South Island (Maps).
You will find a wealth of information about this region on this site.
For pre-arrival advice Click Here.
Please Note: Thieves have been hitting ALL of our overnight car-parks and campsites. Do not leave valuables in your vehicles or tents! Report all break-ins and losses to the NZ Police (111).
North Webcam (HD)
North - Timelapse
ALL Webcams - Click Here
Advice in an earthquake
No fires without a permit!
Click Here for full satellite images
Updated: 22:00 26/3/17|
SH 73 Springfield To Arthur's Pass, Canterbury
Reason: Road Construction
Start: 24 Nov 2015 07:00
End: 31 Mar 2017 17:00
Comment: Sh73 Is Reduced To A Single Traffic Lane For A Length Of 500m Under The Control Of Traffic Lights. This Is To Construct A New Retaining Wall As Part Of The Mingha Bluffs Road Realignment Project.
SH 73 Otira To Kumara Junction, West Coast
Reason: Bridge Repairs
Start: 20 Mar 2017 22:00
End: 01 May 2017 06:00
Comment: The Wainihinihi River Bridge Is To Undergo Urgent Repairs To The Deck.
Click Here for more highway detail.
5 / 11ºC
7 / 19ºC
8 / 19ºC
8 / 17ºC
8 / 14ºC
7 / 11ºC
4 / 10ºC
1 / 8ºC
1 / 7ºC
1 / 8ºC
|Click for more information|
Click Here to view full weather station details.
LATEST DAILY READINGS|
Update: 26/3/17 22:36hrs NZST
Temperature (Low): 8.2ºC
Temperature (High): 15.7ºC
Wind Chill: 12.3ºC
Barometer: 1007.53mb (Falling)
Wind Speed: 0km/h
Wind Direction: WNW
Wind Gust: 42km/h (16:00hrs)
Cloud Base: 730m ASL
Freezing Level: 2922m
Daily Rainfall: 23.11mm
Hourly Rain: 3.8mm/hr
24 Hour Rain: 23.11mm
- Greyneys Shelter Campsite: is currently closed whilst redevelopment takes place.
- Harper Pass Route landslides - There are several large land-slips in the vicinity of Harper Bivouac (Harper Pass). If the river is low they can be traversed with relative safety, however if the river is high there is some risk of falling into the torrent! Absolute care and good decision making is essential!
- Casey Hut has burnt down - Casey Hut in the Poulter River catchment burnt down in late 2015. The next closest hut is Trust-Poulter, 5km upstream on the true-right. Good camping sites, water (Casey Stream) and a toilet remains at the old Casey Hut site.
- Highway 73 is undergoing reconstruction on the eastern approaches to Arthur's Pass Village. Expect delays and detours from time to time. This work is not expected to be complete until early-2018.
- The following bivouacs no longer exist! - Hallelujah Bivouac (Andrews Stream), Thompson Bivouac (Thompson Stream), Top Cox Bivouac (Cox River), Waterfall Bivouac (Row Stream)
This site is provided & maintained by Graeme Kates.
(best viewed at 1024 x 768 screen resolution - Why?)